Cap Gajah <Buy, Stick & Win> Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before you enter Cap Gajah <Buy, Stick & Win> Contest. By entering this contest, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please refrain from participating in the contest. The Organizer reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
The contest is organized by Kelang Beras Co. Titi Serong Sdn Bhd. The Contest will begin on 19th of January 2021 and will end on 26th of February 2021. Submissions received after the contest time period will not be eligible for entry.
The Organizer reserves the right to vary, extend, suspend or terminate the contest at its sole discretion or if it does not receive sufficient amount of eligible entries or if the contest is not capable of being continued for whatever reason. Such termination or suspension shall not give rise to any claim by the participant. In the event of any inconsistency or conflict, the terms and conditions of the contest shall prevail.
1. The contest is open to all Malaysian citizens in Malaysia, aged 18 and above with a valid Malaysian National Registration Identity Card. In any event that the participant age is not 18 on the date of participation, the participant will be required to present a written consent from his/her parents/guardian upon request.
2. The employees, officers, directors, servants, agents, distributors, and/or representative of the organizer, in relation to Kelang Beras Co Titi Serong Sdn Bhd are not allowed to participate in this contest.
3. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any participant who does not comply with any of the terms and conditions of this contest or if the Organizer is of the view that the participant fails to meet any of the Organizer’s participation criteria. The selection of winners shall be final and conclusive.
4. Eleven lucky persons will be chosen with the random number generator. We will pick a total of 8 lucky persons for the small prizes first, and then a total of 3 lucky persons for the big prizes will be picked last. The 11 lucky persons will be announced starting from the date of 1st March 2021. Kindly revert to point 8 for the details of the prize.
5. The contest requires the participants to submit their entry (a photo of Cap Gajah “满” label sticking on the rice container & tag two persons in the comment section, like Cap Gajah Facebook page, like & share the post) via Facebook. Any other form of submission will be deemed as ineligible. The participants are thus needed to create and verify the authenticity of the Facebook Profile.
6. The organizer reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend or replace this Contest (or any part thereof) with or without any prior notice and shall not be liable for any claim or compensation in respect of such cancellation, termination, suspension or replacement.
CONTEST WINNERS, PRIZE & REDEMPTION
7. The organizers select the winners based on specific criteria as the mechanic does not require a correct answer. The Organizer reserves the right to reject any entries which are incomplete, illegible, disfigured, submitted beyond the deadline or such other reason as the Organizer deems fit.
1. Notification of lucky persons: The contest lucky persons will be announced and published by the organizer starting from the date of 1st of March 2021 through the organizer’s official Facebook Page. (https://www.facebook.com/officialcapgajah/). We will also notify the contest lucky persons on their original comments, and they will need to send us a message via Facebook PM to collect the prize.
2. Each participant is only entitled to winning one prize.
3. The collection of the prizes are to be delivered via Facebook Messenger. Lucky persons will need to send their details via Facebook PM, within the allocated period. Failure to claim the prize or send their details within the collection period determined by the organizer shall result in the winners being disqualified by the Organizer. In such event, the Organizer shall have no liability to the winners in any respect whatsoever and the unclaimed prizes shall be dealt in manners deems fit by the Organizer at its absolute discretion.
4. The Organizer reserves the right to select new person(s) to substitute any person(s) who are found to be ineligible or are disqualified for any reason whatsoever throughout the contest period.
5. The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash, credit or any other item(s).
6. The Organizer does not guarantee the availability of the prize and the Organizer has the sole and absolute discretion to replace and/or substitute such prize(s) with any other prize of similar value as determined by the Organizer, its agents or sponsors.
7. All prizes are awarded by the Organizer and/or sponsors on an “as is” basis and are accepted by the winner without warranty or guarantee of any kind, whether expressed or implied. Where requested by the Organizer, the winner shall execute a deed of release and indemnity in a form prescribed by the Organizer
8. To the extent permitted by law, the Organizer shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained as a result of prize collection and/or fulfilment.
9. The lucky persons shall not be entitled to any cash compensation, benefits or substitution in any form whatsoever in lieu of the Contests.
10. The Organizer shall not be responsible in any way whatsoever in the event of any complaint, dispute, damage or defect arising in respect of any of the prizes.
RIGHTS OF THE ORGANIZERS
By participating in this contest, the eligible participant expressly agrees and consents to:
I. Be bound by these terms and conditions and the decisions of the Organizers concerning this contest;
II. Grant to the Organizer, Kelang Beras Co. Titi Serong Sdn Bhd, and its authorized advertising or media agencies all consents and waivers necessary for Eligible Participant’s name, likeness and particulars to be used for publicity, marketing and advertising purposes worldwide, without limitation and without compensation, in any manner whatsoever in any part of the world as the Organizer shall in its sole discretion deem fit;
III. Allow Kelang Beras Co. Titi Serong Sdn Bhd to disclose to any third party the Eligible Participant’s personal data for any and all purposes in relation to this contest and any other related business activity;
IV. Hold harmless and indemnify Kelang Beras Co. Titi Serong Sdn Bhd from any loss or damage suffered during delivery of prizes.
ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Organizer’s decision on all matters relating to this contest shall be final, conclusive and binding and it shall not be obliged to give any reasons or enter into any correspondence with any person(s) on any matter concerning this contest.
2. These terms and conditions, as may be amended from time to time, shall prevail over any provisions or representations contained in any other promotional material or advertising of this Contest.
3. The participant warrants, undertakes and agrees that entries submitted (including any photographs, drawings, pictures, slogans, any materials or other creative works, including voice or video recordings) shall be his/her original work and shall not infringe any right of any third party and/or violate any copyrights, patents, trade names, proprietary, personal, privacy or moral right(s) of any third
4. The participant warrants, undertakes and agrees that entries submitted by the participant shall not contain elements of nudity, pornographic images or sexual themes, graphic violence, defamatory or libellous statements or material considered illegal/offensive or may contravene the laws of Malaysia or materials likely to tarnish the image of the Organizer or bring the Organizer’s reputation into disrepute. Any contravention of this clause shall grant the Organizer the absolute discretion to disqualify and reject and/or remove any entry or posting immediately without prior notice.
5. The participant warrants, undertakes and agrees that the Organizer shall have the sole right to use or exploit the participant’s entry or any part thereof in any and all form of media by any and all manner or means throughout the world for the full period of copyright including all renewals together with the right to authorize others to do so without having to pay any remuneration or royalties to the participant. For the avoidance of doubt, the Organizer is under no obligation to use or exploit any part thereof.
6. The participant warrants, undertakes and agrees that he/she shall not use the Entries or any part thereof for purposes other than stipulated in the terms and conditions. In the event that the entries or any part thereof is published or distributed or dealt with in any manner whatsoever without prior consent from the Organizer, the Organizer shall at its absolute discretion be entitled to disqualify the participant and/or revoke any prize won and shall bear no liability whatsoever in respect of the same.
7. All rights and privileges herein granted to the Organizer are irrevocable and not subjected to rescission, restraint or injunction under any and all circumstances. Under no circumstances shall the participants have the right to injunctive relief or to restrain or otherwise interfere with the organisation of the contest, the production, distribution, exhibition and/or exploitation of the contest and/or programme and/or any product based on and/or derived from the contest and/or programme.
8. The Organizer reserves the right to, at any time, change, amend, delete or add to the terms and conditions and other rules and regulations including the mechanism of the contest at its absolute discretion.
9. Submission of entries does not guarantee participation in the contest. The Organizer has the absolute discretion to reject or refuse submission of entries and participation by the participants for reasons, including (without limitation) where the entries are not complete or any provisions in the terms and conditions are not complied with.
10. Whilst the Organizer will endeavour to conduct necessary verifications on the eligibility of participants, failure to disqualify any ineligible participants shall not be deemed a breach by the Organizer.
11. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify and/or exclude participants and/or revoke the prize (at any stage of the Contest) if:
I. the participant is ineligible or does not meet any of the eligibility criteria set out in the terms and conditions; or
II. the participant breaches the Terms and Conditions or other rules and regulations of the contest or violated any applicable laws or regulations; or
III. in the Organizer’s sole determination, it believes that the participant has attempted to undermine the operation of the contest by fraud, cheating or deception; or
12. In the event of a disqualification after the prize has been awarded, the Organizer reserves the right to demand for the return of the prize or payment of its equivalent value from the disqualified participant.
13. Whilst the Organizer will endeavour to conduct necessary verifications on the eligibility of participants, failure to disqualify any ineligible participants shall not be deemed a breach by the Organizer
LIABILITY & RESPONSIBILITY
14. Unless stipulated otherwise, all transportation costs, internet charges, personal costs and/or any other costs, fees and/or any kind of expenses incurred by the participants in connection with this contest (whether for the purpose of joining, participating in or receiving any benefit or prizes from the contest) or for the purpose of prize redemption or related travelling are the sole responsibility of the winner, and the Organizer, its affiliates, authorised agents or participating agencies accepts no responsibility whatsoever for these costs/charges/fees/expenses.
15. The Organizer, its affiliates, authorised third parties and participating agencies accept no responsibility for entries lost, damaged, delayed in the post, or due to computer, IT or any technological error. The participant is responsible for ensuring that his or her entry complies with all the rules and terms and conditions of the contest, and that his or her entry reaches the Organizer in the form required by the Organizer.
16. By entering the contest, all participants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Organizer, its affiliates and agencies, and their employees, officers, directors and representatives from any claims, losses or damages arising out of or in connection with their participation in this contest (including, but not limited to, any error in computing any transaction, any breakdown or malfunction in any computer system or equipment), any contest-related activities and the acceptance and/or use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
17. All costs incurred by the participant in relation to and/or with respect to the contest and prize including without limitation postal charges or Internet Service Provider (ISP) charges (if applicable), all transport costs, communication charges, accommodation, meal costs and other related costs incurred by the participant as a result of and/or pursuant to his/her participation in the contest, collection and additional costs related to the prize i.e. insurance cost, vehicle registration fee, road-tax, etc. shall be solely borne by the participant. The Organizer shall not be under any obligation to reimburse the participant for any of such costs and expenses incurred thereof.
18. The Participant acknowledges that his/her participation in the contest shall be at his/her own risks
19. The Organizer, its agents, sponsors, representatives, affiliates and their respective directors, officers and employees, agents and assigns shall not be liable and/or responsible to any participant in respect of:
a. any failure to win a prize in the contest, defective prizes due to his/her negligence, act and/or omission or misuse of prizes or any other loss, damages, costs, expenses, claims, liabilities, injury, death, accidents suffered by the participant during the contest or arising out of or in connection with the contest, the participation by the participant in the contest and/or the Prizes awarded.
b. any delay and/or failure in receiving and sending a contest entry as a result of any network, communication, ISP or system error, interruption and/or failure experienced by the Organizer or the participant’s telecommunication service provider and/or resulting from participation or the downloading of any materials in the contest.
c. any errors (including errors in the notification of contest winners), omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside the Organizer’s control.
20. The Organizer, its agents, sponsors and representatives shall not be liable to perform any of their obligations in respect of the contest and this terms and conditions, rules and regulations in respect of the contest where they are unable to do so as a result of circumstances beyond its control and shall not be liable to compensate the participants in any manner whatsoever in such circumstances.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This contest and the terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia, and each participant agrees to submit any claim, dispute or controversy to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
PRIVACY NOTICE & CONSENT
Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”)
a) By entering into this contest, all eligible participants consent to the use of their Personal Data by the Organizers for the running of this contest or for any publicity of the contest in any form and through any media;
b) The eligible participant acknowledges that the Organizer is authorized to process his/her personal data provided pursuant to this contest in accordance with their respective data privacy policies.
By participating in this contest, you agree that you are above the age of 18 and have read and understood the terms of the privacy notice and consent to the processing of your personal data as below:
Your personal data, including, and without limitation, the personal data obtained from you directly when you provide us with personal information, e.g. when you register for our contest, buy a product or service from us, sign up to receive information, use our applications, fill out a survey, or make a comment or enquiry, and/or any further updates provided to us by you in relation to your personal information (“Personal Data”), will be processed for the purpose of your participation in our contest, to provide you with products or services that you request from us, to provide you with advance notice of our future events, to respond to your inquiries, to provide you information about our products, services and/or new releases which may be of interest to you, to invite you and your subscription to our newsletters, and/or for auditing purposes in cases where there have been disputes (collectively, “Purpose”).
We also wish to inform you that your Personal Data may be disclosed to third parties, such as to our headquarters, regional offices, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or members within the Kelang Beras Co. Titi Serong Sdn Bhd group of companies, and/or our service providers, which may be located outside Malaysia, for reasons relating to the Purpose.
If you wish to access, correct, limit or update your Personal Data, or to make any inquiries or complaints about the processing of such information, please contact: Data Privacy Officer (Kelang Beras Co. Titi Serong Sdn Bhd):
Address : Lot 207, Simpang Tiga, 34200 Parit Buntar, Perak, Malaysia.
General Tel : 05-7161145
General Fax : 05-7160922
General Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
General Service Hotline : N.A
Kindly note that it will be necessary for us to process your Personal Data, without which we will not be able to carry out the contest.
For more information, do visit Cap Gajah Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/officialcapgajah/
Copyright 2023 © Kelang Beras CO. Titi Serong Sdn. Bhd. All rights reserved.